Respecting and protecting your Personal Information is very important to us. It is a Constitutional right, legal, and good business practice requirement, which we take very seriously.
In line with the 8 Conditions in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (the Act), we:
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you.
- Undertake to receive and process Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose and to assist you with your required solutions, conclude necessary and related agreements whilst considering the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act.
- Undertake to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information.
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you.
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if is not required for assisting you with your solutions or by the law.
- Undertake to be open and transparent, to notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected.
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession.
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required.
We as well as the companies who provide or assist with the solutions you require need to collect, use, and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant laws and regulations and for reasons such as:
- To share with and provide relevant products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested, and to maintain our relationship.
- To respond to your queries.
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes.
- For insurance underwriting purposes.
- To assess and process claims.
- To conduct credit reference searches or verification, only if you authorise this or if it’s a requirement to provide your solutions to you.
- For operational purposes required to assist you with the solutions you require.
- For audit and record-keeping purposes.
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Tel: 011 049 8601
Personal Information is defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as:
“Information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.